Did you know that Chiropractic care can help improve your golf game?
Happy Wellness Wednesday, everyone! Did you know that chiropractic care can help improve your golf game? Golfing can take a toll on your back and spine, causing discomfort and pain that can affect your swing and overall performance. Dr Sam Camarata and Dr Edwin Soto at Camarata Chiropractic got your back when it comes to your golf game and back pain!
Here are three stretches that can help alleviate pain and improve your golf game:
- Spinal Twist: Sit on the ground with your legs extended in front of you. Cross your right leg over your left, placing your right foot on the ground outside of your left knee. Place your right hand on the ground behind you and twist your torso to the right, placing your left elbow on the outside of your right knee. Hold for 10-15 seconds and repeat on the other side.
- Shoulder Stretch: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Reach your right arm across your chest, holding it with your left arm just above the elbow. Hold for 10-15 seconds and repeat on the other side.
- Hip Stretch: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Step your right foot forward and bend your right knee, keeping your left leg straight. Place your left hand on your left hip and twist your torso to the right. Hold for 10-15 seconds and repeat on the other side.
At Camarata Chiropractic & Wellness, we offer chiropractic care and SoftWave TRT therapy to help you achieve optimal spinal health, reduce pain and discomfort, and improve your golf game. If you're experiencing pain or discomfort while golfing, schedule an appointment with us today to learn how we can help. Our team of experts is dedicated to helping you achieve your health and wellness goals!
Here are three studies that suggest how chiropractic care can improve golf performance:
- "Effect of chiropractic intervention on small professional golf tournament scores" (Journal of Chiropractic Medicine, 2011): This study involved eight professional golfers who received chiropractic care for four weeks prior to a golf tournament. The golfers showed improved scores and a decrease in perceived stress and fatigue.
- "Chiropractic treatment of the amateur golfer: a follow-up study" (American Journal of Clinical Chiropractic, 1990): This study followed 22 amateur golfers who received chiropractic care for an average of 4.5 months. The golfers showed improved range of motion, reduced pain and stiffness, and an overall improvement in golf scores.
- "Effect of spinal manipulative therapy on static and dynamic motor performance in recreational golfers" (Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 2008): This study involved 20 recreational golfers who received spinal manipulative therapy (SMT) or a placebo treatment. The group that received SMT showed improved static and dynamic motor performance, which can translate to improved golf performance.
These studies suggest that chiropractic care can help improve range of motion, reduce pain and fatigue, and lead to improved golf scores!
Looking for chiropractic help with your golf game here in Rochester, NY, contact us today. Simply click here to schedule an appointment today!